Title: Director of Business Development, East Coast and Canada
- Mid Continent to East Coast
- Flexible work schedule (remote/home)
Shifted Energy was born and built in Hawaii with the belief that everyone deserves to be included in the green energy movement. We are a small and passionate team that is performing well above our size. We align ourselves with concepts of aloha being the coordination of mind and heart within each other.
Passionate about climate change and the equitable transformation of the green energy economy. You are unafraid to have difficult conversations while maintaining compassion and seeking to understand. You understand the energy space, can build and manage programs. You are comfortable working in a startup environment, you have ideas, and want to contribute to the growth of a young company. We are not looking for a rolodex, or the perfect resume. We want someone who believes in the dream of Shifted Energy and wants to be part of something new, impactful, demanding, and heaps of fun.
This position will require some travel, some public speaking, strong communication skills, and flexible work hours (to accommodate international client schedules). You must be comfortable with building relationships and delivering new revenue opportunities along with managing and scaling current projects.
Finally, we are a mission-driven organization. We are committed to the equitable transition of the clean energy industry. You must be comfortable working in an environment that can be a little ever-adapting and resource-constrained.
- Channel and Utility Partner Development and Strategy
- Project and Customer Relationship Management
- Proposal Support and Development
Channel and Utility Partner Development and Strategy
- Research and characterize near- and mid-term market opportunities in US East, Mid-continent and South
- Develop and execute go-to-market and sales strategies focused on regional utilities and channel partners
- Identify and engage key stakeholders and potential customer/partners including utilities, energy program implementers, DER and DERMS providers, property managers, and potential distributors
- Qualify high probability leads, generate customer profiles and contact lists, and define the appropriate product offering
- Coordinate and lead business development, technical product demonstrations, and relationship building conversations
- Develop customer-specific proposals, financial models, and presentations
- Manage agreement contracting and negotiation
Project and Customer Relationship Management
- Serve as the go-to-resource and internal advocate for your customers
- Provide responsive customer support and ensure timely, well-communicated resolutions
- Escalate technical or service issues to appropriate team members
- Organize and facilitate ongoing progress meetings and conference calls
- Communicate project progress, issues, and potential incremental opportunities to management and clients
- Collaborate with business development and technical teams to translate customer requests and requirements into actionable product development
- Primary customer locations include Eastern US and Canada, Mid-continent and South
Proposal Support and Development
- Support the production and delivery of proposals, qualification packages and marketing materials for RFPs and client requests
- Establish and maintain a 12-month calendar of RFP and funding opportunities with deadlines
- Ability to present to and interact professionally with clients as the lead
- Strong listening, writing, note taking, and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational and project management skills
- Ability to build trusting relationships and honor customer commitments is critical
- Strong familiarity with Google G Suite and MS Office
- 5+ years working in distributed energy project management, business development, sales and/or market development
- 10+ years working with energy/utility customers in distributed energy project management, business development, sales and/or market development
- Familiarity with demand response and load shifting programs, markets, and technologies
- Existing contact networks in the demand response ecosystem
- Salesforce CRM experience
To apply send a resume to careers ( a ) shiftedenergy.com
- Salary: Commensurate with industry experience and skills
- Commission: TBD
- Equity: TBD
- Excellent Corporate Health Insurance Plan
Title: Customer Coordinator (Part-Time)
Oahu, with most work happening remotely or from home. (Office space can be provided if needed.)
Shifted Energy was born and built in Hawaii with the belief that everyone deserves to be included in the green energy movement. In Hawaii, we are providing access to clean energy programs to people who live in multi-unit buildings of all income levels. We are a small and passionate team that is performing well above our size.
Passionate about climate change and the equitable transformation of the green energy economy. You are unafraid to have difficult conversations while maintaining compassion and seeking to understand. You are comfortable working in a startup environment where everyone steps up where they can and wants to contribute to the growth of a young company.
This position will require some travel to other parts of the island (maybe other islands), strong communication skills and competent computer skills. Attention to detail to keep careful track of our data is critical to the position, as is comfortability with Google Sheets or Microsoft Excel. At various points, the Coordinator will work on-site to oversee installations and interface with customers. The rest of the work can largely be completed online remotely. The Customer Coordinator will work under the direction of the Project Director.
- Customer relations
- Follow up with existing and potential participants via phone, email, text and in-person to successfully enroll them in our program.
- Data management
- Track the status of each participant and communications we have with them
- Enter data from installations and site visits
- Log devices in inventory
- Installation site management
- Interface with property management and electrician team to ensure everything runs smoothly.
- Speak with residents to explain the program and get them enrolled.
To apply send a resume to careers ( a ) shiftedenergy.com
- Speak, write and present yourself professionally
- Strong listening and problem-solving skills
- Attention to detail
- Strong familiarity with Google G Suite and MS Office--particularly Sheets or Excel
- Hourly Rate: Commensurate with experience and skills